Saturday, October 16, 2010

normally I don't go in for the majorly sentimental but...




...I'm a complete SAP these days!

Here's a poem that one of the other waiting moms shared this week...I just wanted to keep it close so you have to endure it as well. I love my children in Addis and I cannot wait to bring them home to stay. THe waiting is difficult. I wonder what they think, now that we haven't been to visit them for a couple of days. Do they think we've forgotten them? Do they wonder if we'll be back? We asked one of the caretakers at the center to tell them as we told them goodbye the last day that we will be back for them in a few weeks. I hope they understood...but I can't see their minds...anyway...this is for my waiting children in Addis:

Kisses in the Wind (a Waiting Child's Lullaby)

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night
.



0 comments:

Post a Comment