Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Congratulations...they are yours."



...these are the sweetest words I've heard in a LONG time!

Because this is what the judge said at the end of our hearing. (read: brief dialog about our adoption)

She was very kind, soft spoken and efficient. We went into the waiting room at around 9:30 a.m. and we were in there with about 20 other waiting people. We were called in alphabetically by the name of the orphanage that received our children when their birth father surrendered them at the beginning of this year. We were 'B' so we went in very soon. It was very fast...maybe 5 minutes. We answered her questions about where we live and the preparations we had made to be adoptive parents and then...it was over...she stamped our papers with a flourish and said "Congratulations...they are yours." with a smile...And it was done. Just like that.

this was just after the left the judge's chambers...note the tissue in hand ;-)
just after we walked out of the building with the other families who passed as well! It was a bit windy!


In the eyes of Ethiopia, we are their legal parents...but the eyes of the US still have to be convinced.

So we wait for our US Embassy appointment assignment when we will get our children their US visas (and then we'll rush to the italian embassy praying they give us visas as well).

And so... it gives me GREAT joy to tell you that we are now officially a family of 7!!!!

We are the EXTREMELY happy parents to:

Eden Eyerusalem Joy

and Canaan Eyasu

I'm completely wiped so I'll just leave you with a couple more pictures then I need to go and snag a nap. I can't wait to fill you in on our trip and all of our time with the kids...they are a real joy!!!

Thank you all for your prayers...keep them coming for the Embassy details to be worked out...

We love you and we are VERY happy!!!!!!!!

playing outside at the care center
it took her a while to warm up to us...we had to work very diligently...such is toddler adoption...

she really loves Daddy though...

15 comments:

Kelly said...

congrats guys. this post brought tears to my eyes. Praise the Lord, there are now 2 less. And one happy family.

Ryan and Dorothy said...

your story is so beautiful and teary-eyed! You look so full of joy in your pictures! I'm so happy for you and will continue praying for the process :)

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you guys. What a beautiful family!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations again! Such beautiful children!

Erica said...

They are SO precious!!! Tears of joy and prayers of thanksgiving for you guys!!!

Becky said...

What a happy post! I remember when we brought Susan home, Stephen wouldn't even come to me at first. I'm sure Eden will sense your love very quickly and all 5 children will enrich your lives in untold ways.

Unknown said...

So awesome. God is amazing the way he works throughout the world. I can't wait to meet the new Eden and Canaan. Congrats on the ever-growing family.

dani said...

wow - what beautiful children.

After hearing that you were back in Rome, I couldn't wait for your update! I literally have tears of joy streaming down my face for you right now! I look forward to the day all five of your children can be together.

You're a such a positive and loving force in this world and have become one of my true heros. :-) (The other is a 2 week old boy named Seamus who was born at 23 weeks!)

Much love to you guys!

Jon y Amy said...

So, so happy for you guys! I have been trying to figure out which kids were yours! We brought home baby girls in April with IAG and I have been watching your story. Many blessings!
Amy G.
www.jonandamyg.blogspot.com

Randy, Denise, Camden and Dasha Denson said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you! The pictures of your children are just beautiful. Hopefully we get to experience that joy soon with our adoption.

Shannon said...

Canaan is a cutie patootie! and Eden is just beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys! Words cannot express my joy for you. :) so I'll just say - YAY!

Kelli Diane Kanani said...

Wow! So glad that they are officially yours. I hope your trip to and from there are smooth. Thinking of you and very excited for your family.

Marlene said...

So THRILLED for all of you! Will be praying as you ALL make the adjustments to being a family of seven! Look forward to seeing more pictures here on the blog as time allows!

the Gower Fam said...

Yay!!! That is wonderful and so exciting!! They are both absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations! Praying for the rest to go smoothly.

Sara Beth said...

beautiful!!! Can't imagine all this trip was for you. So fun. Hope the next steps go SO smoothly and quickly and that you are a family of 7 TOGETHER more quickly than you thought possible!

Post a Comment