Friday, November 5, 2010

slowly but surely...

We are still waiting for news of our secure Embassy appointment. The passports should be ready by Monday, and the medical exams need to be completed and other things finalized then they will review our file and assign us an Embassy appointment...we narrowed it down to either the day before Thanksgiving (Nov. 24th...how fitting!) or December 8th.(the day before Jared's 32nd birthday!)

Sorry to not keep you updated, but I've been a bit under the weather...downright puny...and it probably won't lift for a few more weeks...because, well...we found out that, surprisingly enough, we are expecting our SIXTH child...sometime in June maybe? I don't know...I haven't been to a doctor yet. The english-speaking ob/gyn everyone goes to here is now moving to Thailand, so I'm stuck at the moment. I've done this before though and everything seems to be progressing normally so I'm not concerned. I'll get to a doctor soon enough ;-)

The trouble is, that this time I have HORRIBLE "progesterone poisoning" (as my favorite prego guidebook calls it). All day I am nauseous and all evening I'm gurping...I'm really hoping for some relief soon! It's taking a toll on the family--not mention me! So please pray for me in this...pray that my sickness will lift by the time I need to be strong to go to Addis for our kiddos!

Oh and I must say that this whole "there's not an actual birthdate for your child because nobody keeps track in Ethi" really bites. In just 2 weeks our little boy in Addis has gone from being 2 to 3 to now, 4! We've changed his birthdate 3 times according to what doctors in Addis are saying. Having spent time with him, we were very sure he wasn't 2 like his paperwork...but he is very much like Judah, our 3 year old, soon to be 4 yr old. So we gave him a birthdate just after Judah's to keep Canaan Eyasu in his grade level in school, but not shake up Judah's expectation of birth order. And then we get the news that he HAS to be 4 right now...so we gave him a NEW birthdate a couple of months OLDER than Judah. Judah doesn't really care...but I selfishly wanted to get to celebrate Canaan's birthday with him soon after he came home! Anyway, it's all fine...just another of those unexpected 'things' that are typical in this convoluted process. ;-) So now we have a 7, 5, 4, 3, and a 1 year old (she'll be 2 in April).

Just tidbits for you to keep you checking in and not forgetting us!!! Keep praying for the Lord's timing in our Embassy date and for us to get a good deal on last minute tickets (it will take a miracle!).

Thank you for walking with us through this!!! Through your prayers, we are BLESSED!!

Oh and one more fun fact...we discovered that if we ever end up in Hollis again for a school year we'll have Iliana and her cousin Shelby in the same class (they were born on the exact same day) and Canaan, Judah, Blaze(cousin), and Miriam(cousin) will all be in the same class too...as will our new baby and my sis-in law's new baby Charlie (that I mentioned in a previous post)!! CRAZY, huh??? I never got to grow up around family and I think that going through school with your cousins and siblings like this would be SO fun (difficult at times too, of course) but AWESOME!!! So we'll see how all the cousins take to each other, hopefully at Christmas...it should be a riot!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

wowwowowowowoww ;) you guys and pretty amazing.

The A-team said...

I was just discussing the birthday craziness w/ another friend who has 2 from Ethiopia. Her daughter is developmentally delayed so they considered bumping down her age. Seems so foreign, but then again, it is! ;) Thanks for the updates!

Post a Comment